Upon completion of the certificate, students will be eligible to apply to Health Science programs. Eligibitlity will be dependant on academic achievement and specific program requirements.
Program Length: 2 Semesters (includes 1 summer semester)
Start Date: September 2020*
*start dates are subject to change
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent) with courses from the College (C) , University (U), University/College (U/C) or Open (O) preparation levels with Grade 12 English (C/U) Level.
Applicants must meet the admission requirements for the Practical Nursing program delivered by Oshki-Pimache-O-Win: The Wenjack Education Institute. As part of the admissions process each applicant must submit the following:
1. An Oshki-Pimache-O-Win Program Application Form.
2. Official transcript(s) from the last institution attended.
3. Proof of post-secondary sponsorship in the form of a written letter which states the name of the student, the program of study and the duration of sponsorship.
In partnership with Confederation College, Oshki-Wenjack's special delivery method allows you to stay in your own home community for the majority of the program. You will take courses through online and independent study and attend classes in Thunder Bay twice per semester.
Be a part on the NAN Health Transformation and choose a career in the health care field through the Pre-Health Science Certificate Program. Caring and compassion, along with an understanding of sciences are needed for these highly-sought after programs. This program gives students the credentials to enroll in a variety of health career programs, such as: nursing, dental assistant, paramedic, and lab tachnician to name a few.
FIRST SEMESTER: January - April 2020
- CS 007 Persuasive Writing - 42 hours
- MA 021 Pre-Health Mathematics I (College Preparation) - 42 hours
- PH 145 Introduction to Health Care in Canada - 42 hours
- PH 147 Pre-Health Introductory Biology I - 42 hours
- PH 148 Chemistry I - 56 hours
- GE General Elective - 42 hours
Total Hours: 266
SECOND SEMESTER: May - August 2020
- MA 216 Pre-Health Mathematics II (College Preparation) - 42 hours
- PH 246 Pre-Health Introductory Biology II - 42 hours
- PH 248 Chemistry II - 56 hours
- PH 249 Human Biology - 56 hours
- CS 217 Communications for Health Professionals - 42 hours
Total Hours: 238
For More Information
Community Liason & Recruitment Officer
Toll Free: 1-866-636-7454